Before all travel contact Collen Marquist to discuss your plans (firstname.lastname@example.org or 206-685-6548). UW travel rules are complex and there are actions that need to be completed before travel to ensure proper reimbursement. See travel Guidelines for complete rules and details on travel arrangements.
Rules and Procedures
- Complete a Travel Request form with expense estimates (see box at left).
- Obtain approval signature. Approval is tied to the budget number and must be authorized by a UW PI or budget authority designee.
- Scan form then email or fax (206-685-3397) to Collen Marquist (international and Guam) or Nomie Torres (all U.S. including Puerto Rico).
- Review travel Guidelines for information on making flights and hotel arrangements, obtaining per diem advances, health allowances, and other travel related information, especially the Foreign Travel information.
- Complete a Travel Expense Summary form.
- Scan all required receipts and documentation.
- Email to Collen Marquist (international and Guam) or Nomie Torres (all U.S. including Puerto Rico)
- Expenses processed in Ariba.
- Wait for approval email and then review online expense report.
- Review trip information on Ariba’s eTravel site.
- Approve Ariba expense report (see Guidelines).
- Check is prepared and directly deposited in your bank account.
Research Cruise and Research Flight Policy
Coordinating and performing research activities on research vessels or research flights is often demanding resulting in exceptional time commitments by research staff working on the vessel or flight. In order to recognize the extensive additional hours worked by research staff on research flights and cruises, JISAO has developed a Cruise and Flight Policy.